Friday 10 April 2015

Panda coins 2015

China silver panda coins are no strangers to collectors.

Ever since the first Brilliant Uncirculated 1 oz. pure .999 silver Panda legal tender coin was issued in 1989, collectors around the world have been attracted because the design of the adorable panda changes every year (except for 2002).
During my recent trip to China in March, I had my first encounter with these coins. I must admit previously I was not that fascinated with these coins and did not collect any of them but I do have some lunar new year coins which I collected in the 90s and early 2000s.
The panda coins I saw in a shopping mall were minted this year, the very 2015 version of the silver panda coins. There were two types on display, the 1 oz coin and another one 5 oz (155g). As these coins are minted fairly recently, they are not that costly.
A large silver panda coin, 155g

The smaller one is only around 30g

I have also collected some old coins of the republic era.



Below are three types of the Yuan Big Head, they were minted in the 3rd, 9th and 10th year during the rule of the Republic of China.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment